Tuesday, November 27, 2012

A Journey Home

I had the privilege of being home for two weeks for Thanksgiving. I always look forward to it mostly because I feel so loved while I am home. The basis of all our relationship ultimately stems from some source of love. We desire to be loved, and we seek relationships where we can find that. I found myself so encouraged by my friends over this two weeks and seeing what they are doing to grow in the Lord. From Zane's bible study and hearing all the fruit from that, to genuine conversations with friends and family. I find peace and encouragement from knowing that my loved ones are doing well, and I evaluate their wellness by their spiritual growth.

We have a desire as believers to help the needy, love the unloved, and seek the lost. Everyone is searching for love. Give it to them. And there is no love like the love of our Lord. So put other before yourself, and consciously do things that help others experience love. Form relationships and introduce them to a love that is beyond our understanding. That God would send His Son to suffer and die on our behalf and raise Him from the dead.

Secondly, be in prayer for your brothers and sisters in Christ. Lift them up with intercessions and praise God for the work that is being done in their life. Plead mercy for their transgressions. Not only will God hear your prayers and be present in their lives, but you will develop a loyal love to that person.

I didn't even get to spend time with everyone I wanted too, but it was so good just to sit or talk with people I love and am so thankful they have been a part of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment